Monday, December 21, 2009

What's going on with my laser printer? i replaced all the toner (cmyk)?

and when I print, there are rainbow lines that show up on the sheet. Also, the ink appears smudged on the pages. It's an HP 2600n.





Thanks for your assistance. I paid over$300 for the toner alone. JeezWhat's going on with my laser printer? i replaced all the toner (cmyk)?
sounds like the fuser unit is faulty if its smudging the print and has for the rainbow lines could be the transfer belt is faultyWhat's going on with my laser printer? i replaced all the toner (cmyk)?
I just have a few more questions.





Is the toner sticking to the page?


If the answer is yes, then your fuser is okay, we can move onto the next.





Check your drum status. You can do this by opening the HP toolbox. if you are getting down to the lower percentages it may be unfortunately time to replace the drum. However if you have recently replaced the drum, you may have a defective unit.





I would strongly suggest calling HP they offer free troubleshooting. However I suspect that your drum has become partially demagnetized and will probably need replacing.
Are you using new genuine HP cartridges? If not, that is probably your problem.





If you are, then perhaps the cartridges are faulty. I would take them back and then purchase new ones from another store.
  • windows explorer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment