Monday, December 21, 2009

How do I dispose of an used laser toner cartridge? Is there a place I can send it to for remanufacturing?

My first laser toner cartridge ran out. Can I throw it in the trash?


I would prefer to recycle it or send it to a company that refills and resells them (remanufacturing). Does anyone have any info on those programs?How do I dispose of an used laser toner cartridge? Is there a place I can send it to for remanufacturing?
I believe you can just drop it off at Office Depot or Staples... they used to take them.How do I dispose of an used laser toner cartridge? Is there a place I can send it to for remanufacturing?
If you are in Canada, contact your local food bank. Canada wide their is a program called thINK food which will recycle your old ink and toner cartridges and turn the proceeds into food!





However outside of Canada, most major retailers of ink and toner cartridges will recycled them, namely a place which carried their own in house brand, like staples.





If you have an HP, they will actually pay for you to send them back, in the bottom of the new toner box you will see a shipping label, just attach it, seal it up and call UPS to come and get it.





Many local schools also use ink and toner cartridges as fund raisers, you can definitely contact you local school and see if they are using ink and toner drives, or do at any point in the year as a fundraiser

No comments:

Post a Comment